When it comes to relationships, we don't want to awaken love till the right time. And the right time is usually marked by maturity. We gave a post similar to this to the ladies. Now I am sending one out to the guys. Here we go:
How To Know If You Are Dating a Boy or a Man:
1. A boy makes you feel like you're not good enough but a man makes you feel like you're more than enough. Hey girls, if you have to constantly prove to your guy that you are more attractive and better looking than the other girls around you then he doesn't deserve you. From what i've heard, it's hard enough to navigate the pressures with other girls so she don't need some false pressure from a guy, let alone from the guy that is dating her. If a guy truly loves his girl, she will be enough and what she lacks, he compliments and becomes her strength.
2. A boy is possessive but a man is protective. If the relationship is healthy, she will trust you. If she doesn't, then you'll naturally be afraid of losing her. So guys, what we do is we try to control the moment because of our own insecurity, pride, etc. If you make her feel cherished and loved...what girl wouldn't want to be in the arms of a dude like that? So lose the grip, son.
3. A boy is considers whether he could do better but a man is confident he has the best. Hey girls, a guy who is always looking for the next best thing that comes his way is not the guy you want to be with. He should only have eyes for his lady. Guys, if you are looking at other women when you are in the presence of the lady you committed to, then you aren't ready for a relationship. A guy can change his mind, that's fine. But a guy that has committed himself to a relationship but is only in it for the benefits for himself is a guy that is not ready to be dating anyone. A man makes his commitment and sticks with it. If he starts to question where his relationship is going, then he will have the conversation when necessary.
4. A boy is interested in "looks" but a man is interested in life. How you mesh with your girl is what matters. Looks fade. Feelings diminish at times. But how you do life together is what sustains you for the long haul. Hey girls, how you line up with faith, passions, interests, raising kids, how you vacation, what movies you like, how you spend your Saturday Nights, what you laugh at, what you cry at, what you fight about...will show you if he's into your looks or into building a life with you.
5, A boy makes her accomplishments feel threatening but a man makes her accomplishments worthy of protecting. I love celebrating my wife's accomplishments. Heidi has had a great career in the music industry, orphan care, church life, the financial industry and ministry. Her success at all these things doesn't threaten me but makes me proud of what a woman she is. Guys, champion your lady to be successful because she's more capable than you think!
6. A boy plays in the moment but a man prepares for the future. A lot of us guys can't think past the next 2 minutes when they're with a girl. All we see is her beauty. All we are trying to do is not talk like an idiot or act like a complete moron. So every moment with our girl makes us feel crazy because we don't want to blow it. And when we get to the romance part, we are going a 1000 mph. So it is tough to pace, take it slow and enjoy the next few hours when we are with the girl of our dreams. So guys, that's why you have to not live from feeling to feeling or moment to moment but think about the big picture. Too many guys have lost a good thing from acting in a moment. So when I say prepare, I am saying think about before-hand what your actions could do to her or to you or to those around you. Think before you act, fellas.
7. A boy looks to gain popularity from your family and friends but a man gains promotion from your family and friends. It's like this: If people she respects most doesn't like him, then it's probably not a good fit. Plain and simple, y'allz.
8. A boy guesses what's happening and jumps to conclusions in situations but a man gains wisdom adjusts his composure. Guys get hotheaded. We love a good fight. We don't wanna be wrong and we can be very prideful. So fella's, seek the wisdom. The best for that is in the Bible so if you haven't read the Scriptures in a while, then there's your first problem, dummy. Put yourself in the presence of those who are wiser than you and who have done relationships well. They probably have a good piece of advice to give you.
9. A boy is concerned how she looks to his family and friends and man is concerned how she loves his family and friends. A man wants his girl to be liked by his family and friends. Because those closest to his family and friends have a pretty good radar on if she's the one. So girls, take special heed to the other special lady in his life...his mother. How you interact and love those who are special in his life is a good way for you to make an impression.
10. A boy spends more time with his friends because they're important to him and man spends more time with her friends because they're important to her. The girlfriends of your lady are just as important as your bro's are, fellas. So when you double date with her bestie, don't make it a big deal...just make it work. She'll love you for it.